Thursday, February 7, 2013

So what am I doing exactly?

Yep, day 1 of posting again is going to have me spamming some separate posts!

So what I'm doing right now for fitness and foodage..

I'm working out 6 days a week. I'm on a 3 day lifting split -
Mon - Back/Biceps
Tues - Cardio (Did a 5k this week - 42min)
Wed - Chest/Tris/Abs/Shoulders
Thurs - Cardio (Did a 5k - 39min)
Friday - Leg Day! (Oh god no.)
Sat - Cardio (We'll see what happens!)

So that's my current workout schedule. My food goes something like this..

Breakfast/Morning Snack - Special K Strawberry Bar
Lunch - Tuna Sandwich on Wheat
Afternoon Snack - Granola Bar
Late Afternoon Snack - Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt
Early Evening Snack - Fiber One Brownie
PWO - Powerbar / Quest Bar (Used to be Powerbars, now switching to Quest)
Post Workout/Dinner - Protein Shake and either Chicken/Rice or Waffles/PB or Banana Pancakes
Before Bed - Casein Protein Shake

It looks like a lot, but it's usually in around 1400-1600 cals.. Now I want to replace the granola and other processed crap with fruit/veggies, I just need to do it.

My Banana Protein Pancakes w/Natty PB


My biggest issue right now is the fact that I'm signed up with a trainer at Anytime Fitness. Now, this wouldn't normally be an issue, but it's running me about ~$450 a month. I know I can do SO many other things with that money right now. I saw it as an investment into myself....

Now my trainer has been gone all this week and I've been doing this on my own and I feel fantastic. I really don't think I'm going to need her. Sure, she might push me harder than I'll push myself, but I'm going to push until my arms and legs give out as I always do. Thankfully, I haven't signed any paperwork committing to anything, just paid for it. She's going to be a grumpy gus, that's for sure.

I'm going to look to my friends and family for help during all of this initial crap. I know once I get into a serious groove, it's going to be all good. It's a good thing I enjoy the gym and the soreness and pain it brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment