Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday and Etceteras

So Friday has been going well so far, got up early to head to the Mall of America with a good friend of mine (Sahar). Bummed around for a bit and picked up some stuff.

I consider Friday to be my "cheat" day, now this doesn't mean that I'm ordering a Pizza and eating the entire thing. Nor am I looking to "pig out" on these days. But, I'll deviate from my usual meals to treat myself with something that I wouldn't normally eat on a daily basis. If anything, I'm much more conscious of what I'm eating during this day.

Each Friday for me though will begin with a Dark Chocolate Mocha Cooler from Caribou Coffee. It's something that I've been drinking for a long time and it's nice to have something to look forward to during the week. On top of it being awful for me (I know, oh well), it's the only caffeine that I have all week as well. 

For lunch today (I normally skip lunch on Friday as I'm usually sleeping), I had to have some Chinese food. Well, we just happened upon a Thai place in the food court at the mall and they had something that I just had to have.

Curry Chicken with White Rice 
They didn't have Brown and I wasn't going to have the fried crap. I only managed to snarf down 1/3 of the rice and all the chicken before I was stuffed. It's nice not eating like an animal!

Off around the Mall then to snoop some goods, found this bugger at GameStop where they're having a BOGO 50% on PS2 games. My friend picked up a game and we got this one at 1/2 price. $4.50? Seems good.


Coincidentally, right next to the GameStop was a GNC store. I wanted to pick up some more QuestBars as they're pretty fantastic, thankfully they had a Buy 3 Get 1 Free promo going on. I had to get 4, all new flavors to me!

Top to Bottom: Cinnamon Roll, Mixed Berry Bliss, Lemon Cream Pie, Peanut Butter Supreme

These might look like nothing more than candy, but they're made with NO sugar and all natural products. Gluten Free even! They're chewy, but the flavors are right on and not to mention that they have 20g of protein in each bar for under 200cal, crazy! I highly suggest them to anybody as a solid alternative to PowerBars or anything of that ilk. Check them out HERE.

Good stuff so far, let's see what the evening brings. It's still Leg Day as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment